Here is a little about Rylee right now:
- She loves to sing along to songs; it's my favorite. Her favorites are the songs from Frozen. She will dance around and belt out every fourth word or so. It's too cute. Her favorite song to sing at bed time lately is "I Love to See the Temple." Any time I try to start singing a different primary song, she says, "more temple." So we sing that one over and over :) She also loves singing Once There Was a Snowman, Isty Bitsy Spider, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, I'm a Little Teapot, etc. She asks for those by name as well, and we usually sing them daily.
- Up until recently, she would always count, "2, 3, 6, 7, 9." It was always the same. But recently she started saying all of the numbers 2 - 9 except she always skips 8 :)
- She is a little talker. I love when we get back from an event and she'll tell us all about what happened (in very few words of course). For example, we recently started going to an infant dance class (SO fun! She loves it!). When we get home, I'll ask her if she had fun at dance and she'll say something like, "Run, run, run! Spin. Circles." Or the other day I had to do something, so I dropped her off at a friend's house. She was sad for about 10 seconds after I left and then was fine. When we were walking back home after I picked her up, I asked her if she had fun. Our conversation went like this:
Me; "You played with the doggie?!"
Rylee: "Yeah. Mommy bye-bye."
Me: "I know, Mommy had to say bye-bye."
Rylee: "Crying." (Pointing to her eyes)
Me: "Did you cry when I left?"
Rylee: "Wahhh" (Fake crying to show me how it happened :))
It is so fun to be able to communicate and have limited conversations :)
- She is super into possession. She likes to point out, "Rylee's baby" or "Daddy's shirt" or "Mommy's purse" etc. We'll sit at the table and each have a cup, and she'll point to each one and say "Daddy's, Mommy's, Rylee's."
- We started nursery, and it has been okay. She absolutely loved it the first time, and didn't cry at all. But the next two times have been a bit more difficult. She cries when we leave but usually calms down pretty quickly. But then we're told that she is pretty sensitive the rest of the time. If someone touches her shoe or takes her crayon or anything like that, she starts crying. I just worry about her the whole time! I can't wait for the day when she runs in and doesn't care that we're not behind her ;)
- Even though she's going through a clingy stage and doesn't like to be left by mom or dad, she is still pretty social. She loves saying hi to people at the store or running up to kids at the park and saying, "Hi!"
- She has the biggest sweet tooth and is obsessed with chocolate. Her favorite phrase is, "More chocolate." We have more meltdowns about sweets than anything else ;)
- We switched her to a big girl car seat this month! She thinks it's pretty great.
- Other than her occasional "NOOOO!!!" tantrum, she really is such a happy girl. She seriously loves her life and goes around smiling and laughing most of the day. I love spending my days with her.
- She still wants her mommy when she is hurt or sad or at bedtime, but she is obsessed with her Daddy the rest of the time. She loves playing with her Daddy, and loves when he is home.
- She is really into princesses lately ("princess" is one of her favorite words), and her favorite toy is a Little People castle with a bunch of different princesses. She knows most of their names and loves playing princesses with Daddy :)
- She still loves puzzles, and her favorite book is currently "Hide and Snake" (which we read multiple times everyday).
We love our Rylee Renee!