It's crazy how time flies. Sometimes it feels like just yesterday that I took my teeny newborn home. And other times I seriously can't remember what life was like before Rylee was here - like she's been here forever. One thing is for sure: my life is filled with so much more love and happiness because Rylee is in it, and being her mom is one of the greatest privileges of my life.
- She has her front 8 teeth and 1 molar. The other three matching molars are all on their way though!
- She has become a crazy dancer! Over the last month, her repertoire of dance moves has expanded a ton, and she is quite entertaining to watch. She loves dancing.
- She is going to be one of those 3 year olds that talks your ear off! She talks my ear off even now, but most of it I can't understand :) It is amazing how many words she says, and how quickly she picks up on different words. In addition to last month's list, she says, "down, bowl, spoon, dog, please, key, toe, Nana, Papa, bow, up, blankie, book, bike, cookie, cracker, rock, yuck, stuck, help, water, bye, car, milk" I'm sure there are more that I can't think of at the moment. This brings the count to over 30 words! It is truly amazing watching her learn so quickly. And it makes life so much easier now that she can communicate so well!
- Now when she wants something, I say, "What do you say?" and she says, "Please!" It's too cute.
- One day, Andrew or I sneezed, and Rylee immediately said what sounded like, "Bless you!" We were shocked but thought it was a strange coincidence. Well sure enough, most every time someone sneezes, Rylee responds with, "Bless you!" It's the cutest thing. And it's so crazy that she picked up on that all by herself.
- She also started responding, "Ok!" to most everything we say. It is too cute. (Have you noticed that everything she does is "too cute"). "Rylee, let's go outside!" "Ok!" "We need to clean up before we get out that toy" "OK!"
- She is becoming quite independent. She wants to brush her teeth by herself and throws a huge fit when we try to do it for her... And she's really wanting to feed herself with a spoon and fork. I'm still trying as often as possible to feed her because I'm not looking forward to the constant messes, but I know it's inevitable so I should just give in.
- She is becoming a master of the playground. She used to crawl up all the steps, but now she holds onto the railings and steps up each one. She climbs up and goes down the slide by herself over and over and over.
- She is very meticulous. She will sit for long periods of time and put all of the scrabble pieces one by one into a bag. Or place all of the Boggle dice into the grid one by one. Or stack up a deck of cards - and she makes sure they are all facing the same way. She loves it!
- She loves flipping through books and finding pictures of all of the words that she knows. If she finds one, she will yell out the word over and over until I acknowledge her :)
- She has started to hate bed time more and more. She throws a fit almost every time we walk into her room to get her ready for bed. She just loves being awake! But after she realizes she has lost the fight (she never wins... I don't know why she keeps trying with so much determination!) she usually falls asleep quickly, and she sleeps great. Usually she sleeps from 8ish at night to 7ish in the morning. (She used to wake up at 6, so I'm loving this!) And she usually takes a 2 and a half hour nap.
- She recently discovered her belly button, and now she absolutely loves it. She walks around with her finger on it.
- She points out Jesus or the temple anytime there is a picture with one of them.
- She loves making connections. She will find a clock in a book and then point to the clock on the wall. Or she'll see a picture of Daddy and point to it and then point to Andrew.
- She's obsessed with putting lids on things.
- She's pretty good at putting together her safari chunky puzzle! She usually gets frustrated if the piece doesn't go in immediately, but with some time, she can do the whole thing by herself.
- She is usually pretty social and will walk up to anyone with a big smile on her face and say, "HI!"
- She would spend ALL day outside if I let her.
|So much fun with two empty milk cartons!|
|First Daddy Daughter date at Chick-fil-a!|
|She will stay in the swings forever!|
|She got her first haircut this last month, and she really needed it! She had an intense baby mullet and now has a stinkin' cute, little bob :)|
|She loves lining up all of her bath toys on the side of the bath|