Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My New Skirt

Last Friday, Andrew was gone at a recruiting event on campus, so I did what I always do when he's gone on a Friday night - pop in You've Got Mail and start sewing :)

Here is the result from that night's sewing session:


I looove it.  I was shocked when it turned out just how I imagined.  I didn't take a picture of the back, but it has an invisible zipper and a dart on each side.

I got the idea from a few different things I saw online.  I used a pencil skirt that I already had for the measurements, and I just went for it!  It turned out to be a really cute but simple skirt, and it will go with so many things in my closet.

Lately I've had this serious sewing itch.  I have a box of fabric on it's way from fabric.com and I can hardly wait 'til it gets here!  Stay tuned for more :)

3 comments:

  1. You're starting to become quite the little seamstress! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could sew. It's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Whitney!
    It's not hard! You could totally learn :)

    ReplyDelete